Wednesday 25 May 2011

Flooring


I have started the flooring now that I have done all I can on the doors. We as a group have been working a lot with varnish allowing us to use natural wood grain to our advantage and I have used this effect with our flood. Originaly we were planning to use 6mm MDF to make our flooring but it either didn't get ordered or it was uses so i was left with ply wood which unfortunately bows when painted. I started the process off by staining the wood with one coat and by the time i had just finished one board i could then re stain from the dry end. this gave me the dark wood that worked very well with the rest of the room. once the varnish was tacky i then started to use a pen to mark out faint floor boards and i continued this until 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment